Friday, July 19, 2013

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

Tomorrow is the big day at our house...Graduation Party Day.  We've been working on this for months.  I started "pinning" a year ago or more, and I stock piled graduation party supplies long before that.  (You can find graduation party decor dirt cheap after the typical graduation season has passed.  I found packs of plates and napkins for a quarter each.  I even bought some graduation decorations last year for pennies.  If the supplies don't have the year on them you can really stock up.  I got banners and signs and confetti and other table decorations and stored them in my supply closet.  I'm pretty sure we saved major moo-lah.)

I think we have recovered from our "technical difficulties" (a.k.a. broken camera and missing driver) which means not only can I show you these party decor pics but very soon I will be able to show you the bathroom re-do!  Yay!


This is my first attempt at a balloon wreath.  It is a very easy wreath to make and I learned a few things to make it a bit better next time.







I also made a banner to go on the fireplace.





It was simple and fun.  I decorated the banner with words and verses that are special to Colin and then added some pictures from diapers to diploma.  Going through old pictures can be rough on a mama's heart.  It makes me sappy.  (Sad + Happy = Sappy)


I've still got a plethora of projects in the works.  I have a feeling I might be up really late tonight.  Tomorrow is the big day and I can't wait to celebrate!  I hope I don't cry.

2 comments:

  1. The decorations look great! I love the picture garland. Best of wishes to Colin, and congratulations on graduating your homeschooled son. You'll cry, but it's good tears. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...