At our house, special family memories often involve food and I must say we've been doing a lot of eating this weekend.... fried chicken, potato salad, watermelon..... And since our blueberry picking was a success we've been eating a TON of blueberries. We've made blueberry pancakes, and blueberry muffins, and had lots and lots of blueberries for snacking.
This morning for breakfast I made The Best Ever Blueberry Muffins and I'm happy to share the recipe. They are the yummiest! The crumb topping makes them super delicious and unfortunately we will never be able to eat a package of Martha White muffin mix ever again. (sorry Martha.)
THE BEST EVER BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cups sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To make crumb topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.