Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Monday!

Got a busy week coming up?  We sure do!  A good busy, but busy nonetheless.  The best part of all is friends from out of town are coming to stay.  I couldn't be more happy about that!

The best way to head into a busy week is to have a plan, especially with meals.  Knowing what's for dinner each night, before it's time to serve it, saves a lot of time and frustration.  We have soccer 4 out of 5 nights this week and the one night we don't have soccer we have AWANA, so it's crucial that I have dinner on the table on time.  Here's what I've got planned...

Monday - Broccoli and Cheese soup, homemade bread
Tuesday - Taco Bar
Wednesday - Vegetable Soup, crackers (and special dessert)
Thursday - Meatballs, rice, carrots
Friday - Pizza, salad

This is also the third week in the Clean Before Spring 4x4.  It's time to work in the living room.  Here is the detailed cleaning list.

Dust
Clean windows
Straighten bookcases
Clean off tables
Straighten closets
Throw away trash
Clean out magazine racks
Clean under cushions
Vacuum or mop

Find the best way to divide this list up and do a little bit each day so that you are not overwhelmed or neglecting the other things you need to do.  As I mentioned earlier we have company coming and I would like to finish before they arrive, which is Tuesday.  I'm planning to do some of these chores today and Tuesday morning.  This way I will finish my spring cleaning for this room but also manage to take care of the children and teach school.  If I tried to do all of this in one day I would probably neglect the kids or neglect my school responsibilities.

Get your week off to a great start by making a meal plan.  Make sure you have all the ingredients on hand so you are ready to prepare dinner each night.  Don't forget to love on your husband and kiddos.  Cooking and cleaning are an important part of a cozy home but not as important as love!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...