Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Planning

Since I am home from church this morning with a sick child I thought I would get a little planning done for the week ahead.  I love Sundays for resting, and thinking, and reading, and planning.  I also love to go to church on Sunday mornings with my family, but that didn't work out today so I am using this time to map out plans for the week.  It's going to be a BUSY week with school, and soccer practices, a doctor's appointment for me, and a vet appointment for our dog,  and my little man's 9th birthday on Friday, and grandparents coming from Virginia to visit, and my mother in law's birthday on Saturday, and a bunch of other things that will "pop up" as the week progresses.  And, did I mention we are in the process of house hunting and preparing to move, and in about 6 weeks or so we are having a baby?!!?  : )

I always find my week runs so much smoother when all the planning is done ahead of time, and with a busy week that is key.  I'll share my meal plan with you (just dinners) and maybe it will help you kick start your planning too!

Sunday:  Crescent Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans.
Monday:  (busy soccer night) soup, homemade bread. (I'm going to try to get 3 loaves of homemade sour dough bread made this week.)
Tuesday:  Spiral Pepperoni Pizza Bake, salad, garlic bread.
Wednesday:  (busy church night) Hamburgers with veggie tray and chips.
Thursday:  Salad bar
Friday:  Still working on this.  It's Eli's birthday dinner and he is having a little trouble deciding what he wants to do!
Saturday:  French Dip sandwiches, Monterrey Jack Cheese soup.

We don't have dessert every night but this weekend we will be indulging a bit as we celebrate two birthdays.  Eli wants a Star Wars birthday cake but for my mother in law I think I will make my sweet friend Teresa's Cream Puff Dessert.  It's a best loved dessert here!

Now that I have the planning part done, I simply make a grocery list from these recipes of anything I need from the store.  Once I have everything I need on hand, this week should run very smoothly! (smile!)  Here are some of the recipes just in case you want to try them....


CRESCENT CHICKEN
(serves 6-8)

1 pkg refrigerator crescent rolls
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk (using soup can)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare soup using milk and set aside.  Separate crescent rolls.  Spoon chicken and cheese onto each crescent; roll and seal to enclose filling.  Place in a 9x13 baking dish.  Pour soup over rolls.  Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.  Yummy!

SPIRAL PEPPERONI PIZZA BAKE

1 pkg (16 oz) spiral pasta
2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
4 cups (16 oz) shredded mozzarella
1 pkg (3 1/2 oz ) sliced pepperoni
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cans (15 oz) pizza sauce
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups milk

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Stir in the pizza sauce, garlic salt and Italian seasoning; remove from the heat and set aside.  In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk and Parmesan cheese.  Drain pasta; toss with egg mixture.  Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish.  Top with beef mixture, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown.  Delicious!

TERESA'S CREAM PUFF DESSERT
(we LOVE this!)

1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs

Filling:
1 pkg (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3-1/2 cups of cold milk
2 pkgs (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix

Topping:
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup chocolate ice cream topping
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/3 cup chopped almonds

Directions
  • In a large saucepan bring the water and butter to a boil over medium heat.  Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms.  Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. 
  • Spread into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.  Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • For filling, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix in a large bowl until smooth.  Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
  • Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving.  Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds.  Refrigerate leftovers.  Yield: 12 servings. 
Now I'm off to plan what school work we need to do this week and to make a cleaning schedule for the week.  I'm loving that spring is here and I just might sit out on the deck in the gorgeous sunshine while I plan.

 Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...