Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ringing in Autumn

It's finally Fall, y'all!  Are you as thrilled as I am that the Autumn season is here?  I won't tell you how many Pumpkin Spice lattes I've already had. 

We celebrated Fall's arrival with a trip to the Apple Orchard.  Oh.my.goodness.  We loved it!  (We visited Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge, Georgia if anyone is interested.)



Only six of us could go.  Our oldest had class and our second oldest had to work.  I was thankful that my honey had the day off of work and was able to go with us.  We really enjoyed our day.  We picked sooo many apples!












Not only did we pick a lot of apples, we ate a lot of apples!






She thinks this should be her new nickname.




We enjoyed the tractor ride out into the orchard as much as we enjoyed picking our apples.  I kept thinking about the beauty of this place which led me to thinking about Heaven.  God's world is so incredibly beautiful.  Can you imagine what Heaven must look like?  I can't imagine! 














Thanks to our special trip yesterday we had Apple Donuts for breakfast, and I'm right now making applesauce in my crock-pot.  We've even got an Apple Pie tucked away in the pantry to enjoy tonight for dessert after church. 

I will post my {very easy} applesauce recipe tomorrow.  In the meantime, please tell me how you and your family are ringing in the Autumn Season.  

1 comment:

  1. We love apple picking too! Our favorite way to ring in Fall! Looks like a great family day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...