Saturday, September 20, 2014

Chicken Corn Chowder

Hi, everyone!

How are you today?

I'm chilled out, relaxing.  After the week we had I felt like I really needed some down time- so I'm giving it to myself right now!  My laptop, my coffee, and I are spending some quality time together.  We've missed each other.

All week long I felt like I did nothing but run hither and fro.  We ended the week with a trip to the endodontist for a MAJOR root canal for our eight year old gal.  It had been a long time coming.  Her poor little mouth has had such a unique set of problems.  What a day Friday was and I am more than happy to have that behind us! 

At the end of every day (usually at dinner) we ask each of our kids what was the best/worst part of their day.  Taking my girl for that root canal was definitely the worst part of my week but here are several of the bests...

  • I started the Fall decorating around our house.  That is one of my very favorite things to do!  
  • Co-op is great this semester and we all love it.  I am thoroughly enjoying teaching my U.S. Government class.  
  • Awana is going very well and I just love my little class of third grade girls.
  • We managed to get a lot of school work done this week.
  • Olivia got to take a sewing lesson.  I think she's hooked.  

But maybe the best part of my week was this...



I tried a new recipe on my family this week and they absolutely loved it.  Everyone claimed it to be their new favorite meal.  I received a text message the day after I served it for dinner from one of our sons who was eating it for lunch.  He texted, "This chowder is amazing".  
You really should consider trying it out on your family.  It is sooo yummy!!

2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 cups frozen corn
2 (14 oz) cans cream-style corn
1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken, shredded
1 1/2 cups diced potatoes with skin on
1 1/2 cups carrots (cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (13 oz) can evaporated milk
shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Stir together soups and broth in crock-pot.  Add corn, chicken, potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic.  Stir until well combined.

Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (or high 3-4 hours) or until vegetables are tender.  During the last 10 minutes of cooking stir in evaporated milk.

Serve with shredded cheese.

*I made this in my 7 quart crock-pot.  This recipe served my family of eight well with leftovers.  

If you try my chowder recipe please be sure to let me know.  I'm going to stretch this coffee break out a little bit longer but soon I will have to get back to my cleaning and laundry.  I hope your weekend is a very cozy one!  The first day of Autumn is almost here!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...