Saturday, July 19, 2014

Happy Saturday!

I can't believe it's here already!

The last few days have been so busy, some of the busiest days of my life.  They have absolutely flown by!  Today is another very busy day and I've got more to do than I can even believe.  I hope I get it all done by bedtime!

Speaking of bedtime...I want to begin a new challenge soon.  I really, really need to start getting into bed earlier and getting up earlier.  I've got to get better at this before we start a new school year.  I thought maybe, if you are up for it, we'd do a little challenge here on the blog.  Do you have trouble getting into bed at a decent time?  I sure do!  It is after the kids go to bed at night that I feel I can really get to work.  Sometimes they are going to bed as late as 11 p.m.  I start working then and find myself crawling into bed hours later.  It starts a bad cycle.  We are planning a special week of family time for the next few days but after that I want to start working us all toward a good schedule for our new school year.  Would you join me if I did a bedtime/wake-up challenge?  

I have so many things whirling around in my brain right now and I wish I could spend some time writing them out here, but I cannot.  There are too many little people needing me - places to go, people to see.  :)  Before I head out I have a delicious recipe that I have been wanting to share with you all week.  Thanks to precious friends who gave us zucchini from their garden, I made this Monday night.  My family went wild over it.  I'm always a very happy mama when they go wild over a vegetable.

Fried Zucchini

2 zucchini, sliced
1 onion sliced into rings
1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used seasoned flour.)
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup vegetable oil 

Stir zucchini and onions together in medium bowl.  In a small bowl mix flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together.  Pour over zucchini/onion mixture.  Cover bowl.  Let mixture sit for 20 minutes or so.  A batter will form on the vegetables.  Heat oil over medium heat in skillet.  Add vegetables and fry, turning to brown evenly. 

Try it, try it!  You will love it I say! 

I hope you have a very cozy weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm up for a bedtime/wake up challenge! We hope to start school on the 4th of August. I'm running out of time to get myself ready.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...