Monday, April 14, 2014

Good Morning!

Monday morning, that is.

How's your Monday looking?

Mine's a monster!

I just read a facebook status that said, "I hate Mondays".  I get that.  I don't hate Mondays though.  I usually like the fresh start of a new week.  I usually like setting out my plans and contemplating all of the things I want to accomplish.  I usually look forward to trying to get more done than the week before.  Usually.

Today's a little different however.  I just looked at the family calendar for this week and nearly fainted.  Not only is there something (several things actually) written on every square, but I've even managed to double book.  There's a lot of school work to do, and a couple of optometrist appointments and several soccer games, a hair appointment, co-op day, a field trip, a party, an appointment for a physical, and a Good Friday communion service, among other things.  

I don't have our Easter menu planned or any of the food purchased yet.  Not only that, but I haven't gotten any of the clothes ready for Easter weekend except the pretty little dresses my mother-in-law sent for the girls.  Everyone needs shoes and so forth and since we've been stuck in a really long winter we haven't seen any pastel clothing in forever.  There are baskets to fill and groceries to buy, food to cook, a house to clean, errands to run, appointments, and oh yes...eggs to color.  We're reading a special Easter book this week too and believe it or not we really have to work at making the time to do that each day.  Easter really is about the cross, our Savior, His Resurrection and the grace of God!  It's not about clothes and shoes and eggs, of course.  We just have our special traditions that go along with this holiday and I'd like to work everything in this week.

I don't plan on letting this Monday intimidate me.  I've decided what I'm going to do.  Here's my list of how to survive a little too busy week.

  • Take time to pray.
  • Concentrate on one day at a time, one thing at a time.
  • Use the timer for cleaning jobs.
  • Make lists and enjoy the good feeling of crossing things off.
  • Go to bed at a decent hour and get up early.
  • Get everyone to help.
  • Stay calm.

If I can stick to this list we will not only survive the week, but it will be a great one.  I hope you'll have a great week too.  Make it cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...