Monday, November 4, 2013

November - The Thanking Month

Ahh...November, you're here my friend.  I love your crisp mornings and your cool nights.  I love your bold colors and your scent.  I love you most for reminding us all how much we have to be thankful for.  It isn't that we aren't thankful all year long.  It's that November draws our hearts and minds to a place of remembering.  We remember our blessings and our gifts in a special way.


How does your family give thanks?  Over the years we have made posters and lists, a Thankfulness Tree, and we've filled jars with slips of paper.  This year I decided we would hang pumpkins on our clothesline in the hallway.  We'll write the things we are thankful for on our pumpkins and display them for reminding.


 I also picked up some place cards for our Thanksgiving dinner table where we can write our thankfuls down.


I'd be so very grateful if you would share with me what you do with your kiddos in November to encourage their thankfulness.  Send me an email or leave it in the comment section.

I know I'm super late to the fall decorating party but I finally have some pictures to share.  The month of October was crazy busy around our house - much busier than I thought it would be.  I intended to get a fall decor post up before now but it just wasn't happening.
























Want to see something funny?

This was the first picture I took of my scarecrow on the porch.

Notice the window.  

Crazy boy.

I can't guarantee you will hear from me again this week.  One of my sons is having surgery tomorrow so we will have to see how everything goes.  I will be back when things are calm around our house again.  Oh, maybe I shouldn't have put that.  That might be never.  I'll be back soon!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...