Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough

I know I promised to post our recipe a few days ago.  Sorry I'm just now getting around to it.  We've been partying around here.

I love homemade play dough.  It's fun to play with and it's inexpensive and easy to make.  Since we love pumpkin everything, this recipe is right up our alley!  If you want to make some here's all you need...


and a couple of little helpers make the job more fun.


5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups salt
8 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
3/4 cup oil
1 (1 1/2 oz) container Pumpkin Pie Spice
Orange food coloring
4 cups water

Mix all of the ingredients together.  



Cook and stir over medium heat until all lumps disappear.  

Knead dough on floured surface. 






Enjoy playing!  When you are finished, store in airtight container.







A word of caution - this recipe makes a ton, probably enough for an entire classroom.  That's great if you have a room full of little ones but if not, you might want to make less.  I made this with my boys when they were little but I had forgotten how much it makes.  We have plenty to share!

                           

(Also, it smells really yummy so remind the kids not to eat it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...