Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Teresa's Slow Cooker Pork Tacos

I mentioned in a previous post that the girls and I ventured off on a getaway trip.  While on that trip my BFF told me about a recipe she and her family just loved.  She was raving about it so I thought I should give it a whirl.  OH.MY.SOUL.  It is incredibly good and my family literally gobbled it up.  My honey and kiddos went on and on about it and one son has claimed it for his birthday meal - *huge compliment*.  She had me at, "You make it in the crock-pot" but I fell in love with this recipe for many reasons.  It's super delicious, easy to make, and a total family winner!  Try it and you will see!


1 boneless pork loin (2 lbs)
1 1/2 cups Salsa Verde
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 TBSP lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
10 flour tortillas

Toppings:  Sour Cream, thinly sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes, shredded lettuce.

In a slow cooker combine salsa, red pepper, onion, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt and white pepper. Pour over pork loin in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or until meat is very tender.  

Remove meat.  Shred with two forks and return to slow cooker.  (I was able to shred mine right in the slow cooker.)  Mix shredded pork and salsa mixture in slow cooker.  Put pork down center of tortilla and add toppings of choice.  Yummy!  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...