Friday, June 14, 2013

A Fun Start to Summer

Let's see...where have I been all week?  I logged in this morning and realized I haven't posted since Monday.  I've written before about being busy, but man are we  b-u-s-y!  I suppose there is good busy and bad busy and this would definitely be classified as good busy.

Tuesday morning the kiddos and I went on a super cool field trip to the Coker Auto and Motorcycle Museum.  We learned a lot and had a really nice time getting to know some new friends.






After the field trip and a picnic lunch I hurried home to throw dinner in the crock-pot.  I had forgotten to do it before we left.  I'm just not as organized as I used to be.  There are 100 reasons why, but I'll save those for another post.

Summer is off to a great start.  We are currently finishing up our last day of school and this sweet boy is graduating.  We are so proud of him!  I'm finding out what it means to feel happy and sad all at the same time.


 Over the last couple of weeks we've helped out with a fantastically fun VBS,


had a couple of picnics, and lots of time with sidewalk chalk and bubbles.  The kids have signed up for the summer reading program at the library and are busy filling up their reading logs.  The boys had their end of the year guitar recital, and we celebrated National Donut Day (a very important national holiday in the Moran home because it includes free donuts at all of our favorite establishments).


All this fun and hey, the official first day of summer is still a week away!

{If you'd like some ideas for a budget friendly summer click HERE.  For my homemade ice-cream in a bag recipe (it really works!) click HERE.  And lastly, if you need some help making sure your kids don't say the "B" word click HERE.}

Happy Friday, Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...