Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day and This Week's Recommended Reading



Good Morning!  I'm only going to pop in here for a minute.  Our family has big plans for Memorial Day and I'm ready to get to the sun and fun.  :)

Today, I'm recommending another one of my faves.

 LARGE FAMILY Logistics
The Art and Science of Managing the Large Family
By Kim Brenneman

I love, love, love this book!

Here are the words from the first page...

"Home is Where Each Lives for the Other and All Live for Christ."

I love that.  We don't always live like that in our home but it is definitely a goal to strive for.

Top Five Reasons I love Large Family Logistics...

#5  This book is all about the family and the home, some of my favorite subjects to study.
(I am a homemaker after all!)
#4  This book can be read cover to cover, or you can flip to a particular subject and read for inspiration.
#3   LFL is chock full of helpful ideas.  Every time I read it I come away with something new.
#2  Kim Brenneman is not "all work and no play".  One of my favorite chapters is Chapter 27 - Tea Party Day.
#1  And the number one reason I love LFL is that it is a simple how-to manual FULL of tips for managing a busy household of many children.

By the way, you don't have to have an extra large family to enjoy this book.  There is so much goodness between the covers of Large Family Logistics, any mama would benefit from reading it.  Every thing is covered here...laundry, errands, meal planning, attitudes, goals, cleaning, pregnancy, family worship, systems and survival!

If you have this book, or if you order it, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section.


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY...today may we remember.




I hope you have a very cozy day with your family.


2 comments:

  1. This is right up there in the top 5 or maybe even top 3 for me. Love this one for encouragement, to get me on track and just because it's almost like a conversation between her and the reader, like a good friend would be. I agree, great for Mom's with families of any size. And isn't it a pretty book too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same, Missy. It's certainly one of my favorite books.

      See you tomorrow!! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...