Friday, May 10, 2013

Sweet Goodness

A few nights ago I made this for us to share with friends.  Now my family is hooked and I'm pretty sure I am going to be making it over and over again.  I can't believe how good it is!

(By the way, my kids think it's called "Chocolatey Clare Cake".  How funny is that?  A cake named after our little Clare!)


Shout out to my friend Phyllis in Virginia who used to make this for our family!  I miss her a lot.  Whenever I make a recipe from a family member or friend back home I get a little homesick.  

1 lb box Graham Crackers
2 small boxes French Vanilla instant pudding
1 8 oz Cool Whip
3 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix pudding and milk until thickened.  Add vanilla.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Layer Graham crackers and pudding mixture (4 crackers, 3 pudding - be sure a layer of crackers are on top.) in a 9 x 13 container.

Topping:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup cocoa

Bring to a boil for one minute.  Stir for two minutes after removing from heat.  Pour over layers.  Store overnight so crackers will soften.


Just in case I don't make it back to my laptop this weekend I want to say...

Happy Mother's Day!
May your weekend be blessed and may you know the importance of the work you are doing. The hand that rocks the cradle really is the hand that rules the world.  God bless you, Moms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...