Monday, May 13, 2013

Recommended Reading #3

Happy Monday Morning to you!  Today, the reading I am recommending is Sink Reflections.

This book literally changed my life.  I have always been a bit of a neat freak.  From the time I rented my first apartment when I was 19 years old I've had a little obsession with keeping things clean.  This obsession wasn't an issue all the years I lived alone in my apartment.  It wasn't really a problem when I married, or with one, two, and three babies.  During those years I was somehow able to keep the house as clean and tidy as I desired.  However, once those babies started getting bigger and we added baby number four I started to feel a struggle taking place.  I still wanted the house "perfect",  but doing things the way I had always done them was no longer working.  With four babies I wasn't able to spend a whole entire day cleaning.  With my numerous responsibilities and the blessings of having many children, my way of "keeping house" was not working.  I needed a new way.  I knew I must develop a new strategy and a new system before things got out of hand.

Enter Flylady!


I was at a party where someone mentioned "Flylady" so I went home and looked her up.  A few days later I ordered her book and my life has never been the same.  Flylady (A.K.A. Marla Cilley) has an amazing way of getting to the heart of the matter.  She is down to earth and completely realistic and her ideas, suggestions, and routines totally work!

Her book will help you establish a morning and a night time routine (which makes all the difference!) and will get you out of any rut you might be stuck in.  You will find a cleaning schedule that works for anyone.  You will also find help for getting out of C.H.A.O.S - can't have anyone over syndrome.

I use what I learned from this book every single day.  Our house is not perfect, but I am able to keep it under control, even now with six babes, my honey, our furry family members, and a pretty steady stream of house guests.  Flylady showed me how to set up a laundry system, how to do a room rescue (lifesaver) and how to get things accomplished while not being weighed down by perfectionism.  Don't get me wrong, my laundry still backs up and our house can get very messy.  The Flylady difference is that I now know how to get out from under a huge mess.  I've learned methods for running my home which make things a lot smoother - even if I don't follow them perfectly all the time.  Applying just one of the things you learn in this book once in a while will help your family and home and sanity!

If you are in need of a new way of doing things, or if you feel overwhelmed with clutter, this is the book for you!  I promise if you read this book you will find something that helps you.  I've recommended it to many friends over the years and I've loaned my copy out so many times the cover barely stays on.  Every single person I've mentioned it to has come back to me and shared how the book helped them.  I promise it will help you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...