Thursday, March 21, 2013

Turtley Awesome Sleepover

We've been busy getting ready for my little man's birthday party.  He has chosen to shell-ebrate with a Ninja Turtle sleepover.  He is turning 11 and has invited several boys of the same age to spend the night.  Yes, I know, I'm crazy.  But it's a good kind of crazy.  I'm crazy in love with my kids and I will do (almost) anything they want for their birthday parties.  I bet you are the same way with your kiddos!

Today I'm giving you a sneak peek into what we've been doing to get ready.

First the invitations -


I made these with my computer using a Ninja Turtle picture and green ink.  They are pretty simple.  When planning a party you've got to know where to put your time and money.  I could have made more elaborate invitations but boys this age are known to lose, throw away, or tear up party invitations.  I was just hoping they would make it until the moms could read them (and they did).

We've also been working on the treat bags -



These are simple green gift bags I picked up at Walmart with Ninja Turtle heads I made using construction paper and glue.  I have to give a shout out to Colin, Ethan, Sarah Beth, and Tina since they helped me whip these up Sunday afternoon. (Thank you!)  I will be filling these with goodies and topping them off with tissue paper for the guests to take home.  I plan to use red, purple, orange, and blue tissue paper to coordinate with each turtle.

I'm putting a coloring book, a cup, some Ninja Turtle bracelets and candy into the bags (and whatever else we come up with).  The coloring books are $1.00 at Walmart, the cups are $0.87, and the bracelets are around $3.00.  We are planning to put red candy into the red turtle bag (probably licorice) and an orange candy in the orange turtle's bag (probably orange wedges) and so on.

That is a huge coloring book for $1.00

That's it so far.  I've got plenty more to work on this week...a banner for the fireplace, making "ooze", the cake, labels for the drinks, etc.  I think we are doing a make-your-own pizza buffet also so I will also be gathering the items we need for that.  If you know the Ninja Turtles at all you know they eat a lot of pizza, so naturally this had to be on the menu.

I will share more of our turtley awesome party plans with you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's all I can say. Wow. That and, I am jealous. I wish I could be there. Good job, Super Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clearly should win the best mom award. I have nominated you for a Liebster award. Check it out.
    http://viewfromrivermountain.blogspot.com/2013/03/i-got-blogger-hug.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...