Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grace Covers Me

There are some days as the CHO (chief household officer) I feel like Satan is chomping at my heels.  Fear, anger, disappointment, confusion, and hurt gang up on me and always when I'm too weary to fight back.  Satan is quick to remind me of my failures and shortcomings. He brings my sins to mind and convinces me I will never get this wife and mother thing right.

But, GRACE covers me.

It's true, I won't ever be good enough, smart enough, or strong enough.  I need Jesus.  I can't figure out, get over, get it right, or even stand, without Him.  When I'm down for the count I must remember - grace covers me.  Grace, grace, MARVELOUS grace.  Grace greater than all my sin.

Dear Sweet Moms, where do you go when you've had enough?  What are you hanging on to?  Are you tired?  Overwhelmed?  Angry?  Do you have hard decisions to make?  Too much to do?  Something under your skin?  Regrets?  Fears?

If it all depended on us getting everything right we would be without hope.  But our hope is not in ourselves.  Our hope is in the One who conquered the grave!  We became His sin and He became our righteousness!  Grace covers us!  Praise be to God!

We are not alone.
1 Peter 5:7 
Cast all your anxiety upon Him because He cares for you.

We do not have to fear.
John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgement, but has passed out of death into life."

God has a plan.
Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  

We can do this!
Galatians 6:9
And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.

2 comments:

  1. With a long winter still dragging on, I sometimes get the winter blues. These are nice reminders Stephanie. Thanks for posting them. ~Blessings, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will now call myself a CHO. Love that. I wrestle with all the things you said from time to time. I try not to dwell on it because Satan knows my biggest weakness. This was another one of your very encouraging posts for Moms. Usually I don't care what others think, I "thought" I was over that one a long time ago but here lately I have to admit I have been back at that worrying stuff (how the kids will do in adulthood, will they hate the way we raised them and plan to be completely different with their own kids, crazy stuff like that. Then I remind myself this is the way God wants us to raise them. We didn't come up with this on our own.
    I'm not sure if I've commented on any of your home cleaning posts but I have managed to do some of them. The younger kids and I have been sick for about a week with something and that has slowed me down a bit but I'm just about back to normal so I hope to catch up soon. This was a great idea!!! I function so much better when the house is straight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...