Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Clean Before Spring #10

On Monday, assignment #8 was to make a list of projects you would like to do around your home this spring.  I said I would share mine and you can find it HERE.  I would also add to that list, hanging blinds.  Yes, we have been in our house for a year and a half and we are still hanging blinds.  There are always things we need/want to do around the house to maintain and improve.  I think it is fun to make lists and dream and plan.  Yesterday I went to Lowes and picked up everything I need to stain our front door.  I can't wait to get started on that project.  The thing about a trip to Lowes is when I come out of there I usually have 3 or 4 additional projects I want to do.

Now we are ready for job #10.  I'm so happy that after today we will have completed 10 things to get our homes cleaned and organized before spring!  It has been pretty painless so far, hasn't it?  Assignment #10 is clean the furniture in the family room.  Remove the cushions from the couches and chairs and use the vacuum cleaner attachment.  Try to get the attachment down into every little place you can.  At the very least you will remove pet hair and crumbs, and at best you will find things you have been missing.  I always find legos and hair clips, and usually I get a little tip for doing this job too.  I've never made less than 25 cents (finders keepers - ha ha!).  Vacuum all sides of the cushions and underneath the furniture as well.  When you are finished vacuuming, spot clean the upholstery.  Check for instructions on how to clean your particular type of furniture.  We have micro-fiber couches in our family room and I use a little soap and water to clean spots and stains.  We had the furniture scotch-guarded when we bought it so stains usually come right out.  I've been able to clean ink, blood, and food stains pretty easily.

I'm toying with the idea of putting the Clean Before Spring assignments in list form on the sidebar so check back for that.  It would make it easy to see any assignments you may have missed and it would also be nice to look over the list and see all that we have accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...