Monday, December 10, 2012

Marvelous Monday

I've got that difficult conversation out of the way.  It went as well as could be expected.  The important thing is it's behind me.

I've started climbing Mt. Washmore and a start is something.  

I'm getting the birthday presents ready and later I will work on the Christmas ones.

Kids are working on their school work and soon I will be reading to them. 

I've been straightening the house as I go from room to room and I can see some improvement.

Monday is officially rolling, and if I'm careful with time, I just might get more done than I thought.

I'm still sick and that does slow me down a bit, but it's manageable.

Sometimes Mamas just have to push on...

Use the timer when you work.  Work on chores in 15 minute increments.
Make a list.  A list will not only keep you on track but it feels so good to mark things off.
If at all possible, stay home.  You get more done if you don't leave the house.
Be patient with the kiddos.  I'm determined to be gentle and kind today.
Stop during the day and have a little fun with the kids.  All work and no play makes for a boring Mama.  
Enjoy the simple things...the lights of the Christmas tree, a hot cup of coffee, reading a special Christmas book with the children.
Prioritize.  What has to be done?  What can wait?  What could you do to make things simpler?  
Most of all find JOY in knowing Jesus!  True joy is found in relationship with Him.  It's nice to get caught up on the to-do list.  It's wonderful to have a clean house.  But true joy comes from knowing and trusting Jesus.  Talk to Him.  Sing praises to Him.  Teach your children about Him.  In those things you will find a peace and joy that passes all understanding.

Make it a marvelous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...