Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Very Yummy, Very Easy Dinner for the Busy Days

It's gingerbread house day today!  Soon my kitchen will be full of kids and icing and candy!  I'm so happy to have this time with my sweet babes and our friends.  If you've been reading here on my blog for very long you've heard me say many times that children grow up fast.  Way. too. fast.  They really do! I want to enjoy each opportunity we have to play together and make special memories.  I hope you do the same with your kiddos!

In order to keep things simple I'm putting dinner in the crockpot.  As I was planning our meal for tonight I realized I've never shared my recipe for Taco Soup (or at least I don't think I have).  Here's what I'm putting together so dinner can cook itself while we are building houses.

Taco Soup
Brown 1 lb ground beef and drain.  (I add chopped onion and chopped green pepper to my ground beef.)  Pour into large crock-pot.  
Add:
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can Fiesta corn
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 envelope of taco seasoning
Heat until bubbly.  YUM-E!

I serve this with a dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheese.  We usually have some chips and salsa on the table as well.  Tonight my sister-wife (sorry, inside joke) is bringing some Mexican cornbread to go with our soup.  It's going to be goood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...