Friday, February 10, 2012

THE WAY TO A MAN'S HEART - FOOD!

I believe one of the greatest ways we can love our husbands is to have a delicious, nutritious, good smelling meal ready for him when he comes home.  This should be one of the most important jobs for wives, but sadly it is not considered a priority by many women today.  In my grandmother's day it was expected that dinner would be served when the man walked in the door.  A lot has changed and families are busier than ever but I still feel one of the most important things families can do together is sit down to dinner (at a table - NO TV!) and share food and conversation and follow that time with family devotions.  My husband says his favorite time of the day is when we all gather around the dinner table and then have our bible time.  My husband LOVES food, as I bet yours does too!  What a wonderful thing to set a beautiful table and have a scrumptious meal ready when your man comes home from work.  Nothing says cozy quite like something yummy baking in the oven or cooking in the crock-pot.

Every man has certain foods he really enjoys.  We should make those foods often.  I love to ask my husband for help in making our weekly menu plan because he gets so excited about it.  All I have to say is, "What do you want for dinner next week?" and he starts telling me all kinds of things he would like for me to make.  Do you want to make your husband happier?  Make him happy through his stomach and he will be happier all around!  Doing special things for your husband will make his heart soften and melt.  My husband loves homemade bread and he loves to eat a cookie warm, straight out of the oven.  I try to spoil him as much as I can in this way since he works so hard for our family and takes such good care of us. 

Men feel really loved when we ask them what they want to eat and when we cook their favorite meals.  My husband loves surprises and any special thing I do with meals.  I make all kinds of goodies at Christmas and cook his favorite foods for his birthday.  I try to do special things throughout the year too, like an all red dinner (usually Italian) on Valentine's Day and pack special picnics during warmer months.  Food is an important part of the home and family life and food is definitely one important way to your man's heart!

Here is a recipe for one of my husband's favorites.

Potato Soup

Wash, peel and cube 14 medium potatoes.


Wash, peel and chop up carrots.  (The amount depends on your liking.)



Wash and cut up celery.

Chop up onions.


Combine potatoes, carrots, celery and onions in a large pot.  Cover with water.


Stir everything together and cook until done.


Mix together 2 blocks of cream cheese, 2 cans cream of chicken soup and 1 stick of butter.  Place in bottom of preheated crock-pot.    



Pour potatoes, carrots, celery and onions into crock pot (with their cooking water).  Add 2 cups milk.

Add salt and pepper and stir well.  You will have one very full crock-pot!  (My crock pot is 7 quarts.  On this day I was making the potato soup to take to a friend's surprise party.  You could cut this recipe in half.)


This is the bowl I dipped out for my honey.


And here is how he feels about it.



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...