Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Heart Attack

Last night I had a heart attack and I have to tell you it was so much fun!

Earlier in the day I cut out about 50 hearts from construction paper.



After dinner and baths we each took 7 hearts and wrote what we loved about every member of our family.  This was done is secret so no one could see what anyone else was writing.


We decorated our hearts with glitter, glue and markers.


When everyone was finished we met in the family room to read them.  THIS WAS THE BEST PART!  Not only did each child love reading their hearts but they loved hearing what had been written about them. 

After reading them to each other we stuck them all over the door.



This is the door leading from our family room to the garage.  The door we use to come and go from our house.  That means we are going to be seeing these hearts a lot!



We finished off our heart attack with a cake Olivia decorated. 


Doesn't this cake look just like the work of a 6 year old girl?


Our evening was so warm and cozy!  I'm really looking forward to my next heart attack!

2 comments:

  1. At first I was really concerned and then I saw it was a wonderful family project, phew!! What a terrific idea. You always have such wonderful ideas. I love it!
    ~Blessings, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-favorite-valentines-day-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...