Monday, September 19, 2011

MONDAY MOTIVATION #2

Is it really Monday again, already??  I suppose it is.  I'm amazed at how quickly the weeks roll around!

I've been thinking a lot about what this week's challenge should be.  There are so many things I need to work on.  I have a very long list of areas in my life that need improvement.  And while we are moving on to a new challenge, I am continuing to work on last week's challenge as well.  (see THIS.)  It is not my intention to work on these things for a week and then return to my old ways.  I am going to continue to focus on each item as the weeks build on one another. 

THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:


GET UP ONE HOUR EARLIER THAN MY NORMAL WAKE TIME.

You may be, once again, asking yourself, HUH?  Let me explain.  Lately I have struggled with feeling as if there just aren't enough hours in the day.  My plan is to find an extra hour.  No, I can't turn my day into a 25 hour day while everyone else makes do with 24.  The truth about feeling overwhelmed is that the Lord hasn't given me one more thing to do than there is time to do.  I have to find an extra hour somewhere in my 24 hours and I have decided to find it by getting up an hour earlier than I normally do.  It's amazing what you can get done just by getting up an hour earlier.  If the children are still sleeping, that one hour might be worth 3 hours during other parts of the day!  We are all in different situations and have different schedules and must find what works best for our own families.  Currently I am nursing a 4 month old and that makes things just a little different for me.  However, she does sleep through the night so I am not having to get up at all hours anymore.  Do you want to know what my problem is?  I stay up way too late at night and try to get by on 3 or 4 hours sleep.  Although sleeping only a few hours may be a short term solution it is definitely not a long term solution.  Sleeping too little can have adverse affects on your health and make for a grouchy mama too.  The challenge for me this week is not only to get up 1 hour earlier than my normal wake up time but  also to go to bed at a decent hour.  We moms must guard sufficient sleep in our lives very carefully.  The temptation for me is to trade it for quiet, late nights when the children are asleep and I can have some peace.  It isn't worth it! I am going to do my very best to go to bed on time this week and get up earlier.  I believe by doing this I will find more "hours" in my day.   

Is this a struggle for you?  Join me in this week's challenge!

1 comment:

  1. We have been reading Steve Maxwells book and he talks so much about going to bed on time and getting enough sleep. My problem is I try to sew when everyone goes to bed and then I'm wide awake so I get on the computer. I know I need more sleep. I have been getting 5-6 hours and I really need about 7-8. Another great challenge and this is going to be a hard one. I also wanted to tell you my kids and I enjoy reading your sons blog too. We love all the pictures and he has made quite an impression on my oldest son(age 10) in showing him how much he enjoys his brothers and sisters.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...