Friday, September 16, 2011

BANANA COOKIES


One of the things I love to do most is to bake.  I love that my kids love to bake also.  Almost everyday we are baking something - cookies, bread, cake, pie.  The house seems so cozy and inviting when the smell of yummy goodness is wafting from the oven.

I want to share with you a new cookie recipe from my friend Hannah.  After eating her cookies at a recent potluck I just had to have the recipe and she graciously sent it to my inbox.  Thank you, Hannah!

Banana Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup of shortening
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Directions

Cream together sugar, shortening, and vanilla until light and fluffy.  (*Hannah says it will cream a little faster if you add a little butter, about 2 tbs, softened.)  Add eggs, and beat well.  Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and gradually add to the egg mixture.  Gently stir in bananas. 

Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and sprinkle with sugar.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan and onto cooling rack immediately.

These cookies really are delicious.  They taste like banana bread, but better.  YUM-O!!


I am linked up with Comfy in the Kitchen today!  Click HERE

3 comments:

  1. Is the butter in addition to the 2/3cup of shortening? These sound yummy - do you think it would work if I added chocolate chips too? Thanks, Jenny C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny!
    Yes, the butter is in addition to the shortening. I have not tried chocolate chips but that sounds so good! These cookies are soft and remind me of banana bread. If you experiement with chocolate chips please let me know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look yummy! Thanks for sharing! I just might have to make these!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...