Monday, March 7, 2011

Amon's Adventure

For many years our family has read Arnold Ytreeide's books,  Jotham's Journey, Bartholomew's Passage, and Tabitha's Travels during Advent. (If you aren't familiar with these books click HERE.)  We've been reading these books for 10 years and we rotate each year.  Our children absolutely LOVE them, even after hearing them over and over.  

Well, I'm very excited to tell you today that Arnold Ytreeide has written a new book for Easter!

I just placed an order from christianbookdistributors.com and we can't wait to start reading! 

Here's the book review from Christian Book Distributors.....

When Jotham is accused of a terrible crime, his 13 year old son, Amon, races to save him.  Along the way Amon joins the crowds on Palm Sunday, outwits Roman soldiers who plan to kill his father and Jesus, witnesses Judas's betrayal, and beholds Christ's crucifixion.  End-of-chapter meditations make this ideal for family Lenten devotions. 

I love family read aloud time and I'm always looking for great read aloud books for our family.  We usually read as a group right before bed.  Dad reads after the kids are in their pajamas and teeth are brushed and everyone is ready to settle down.  I love this time and trust these will be some of the best family memories the kids take with them when they grow up and have families of their own.  If you don't have a family read aloud time think about starting one.  All kids seem to love it no matter how old they are! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I remember reading those books after we had gotten ready for bed! I think we borrowed them from you for several years before y'all moved! Wow...I loved those books!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...