Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend Re-cap (and a Wife's Prayer for Her Husband)

Hi, everybody!  How was your weekend?

Ours was marvelous. (and I survived all the work!)  I'm so thankful to be able to celebrate our Risen Savior, and to celebrate with the ones I love.

Here's a little re-cap of our weekend, although there are a lot of parts I just didn't get pictures of.  I can't do it all.  ~smile~


Friday night we attended our church's Good Friday Communion Service.  It was a very special time.  

Saturday morning we enjoyed an egg hunt with our neighbors we dearly love.  








We colored some eggs Saturday night.  







This was after the kids had gotten their baths which is why you see them pictured in their pajamas.  







When the coloring eggstravaganza was over I got to work on our Sunday meal.  I cooked and cooked and cooked until around midnight when I started stuffing Easter baskets. 

Sunday morning we went to church for a beautiful Resurrection Service.  It was a wonderful day.  Jesus is risen!!




After we got home from church we snapped a few pictures.  It's always a challenge to get a good shot of everybody.  We do what we can.  Haha!







While I put the finishing touches on our lunch our oldest son showed the Resurrection eggs to the younger kids.  This made my heart smile.  It doesn't seem like that long ago I was sitting with him talking about those same things.



We enjoyed a big meal, and yes, I wish I had a picture of our Easter table I decorated, but like I said earlier I just didn't get all the pictures I wanted.  It's really okay.  

 After the (group effort) clean-up we took a short little rest and then met friends at the park and spent the evening playing.  It was so much fun. 

 {{Here's a funny story about stuffing my baskets - I was tired and a little foggy brained Saturday night when I was putting together the baskets.  This is one job I really can't do ahead of time.  The kids would surely see their baskets before Easter.  After all, it's not like I would need a place to hide two or three baskets.  I made seven.  I did one for each child and then fixed up one for my honey.  I used to make him one every Easter but I had not done that in several years so I decided to do one this year and surprise him. 

 I kept thinking as I was stuffing each child's basket that there had to be more.  I knew I had bought more.  But...there was everything spread out in front of me - that was it.  I blamed the sparse look of their baskets on the fact that I had no Easter grass (there was a shortage of Easter grass in the Chattanooga area - no joke - I went to seven or eight different stores over the course of several days and every. single. place. was sold out of Easter grass).  

Wouldn't you know it, Sunday night my honey finds a big bag of Easter stuff in my closet!  Ah!  There are the goodies I knew I had.  I'd been picking things up for baskets for weeks and hiding it all away in my closet.  There were bubbles, and tubes of chapstick, and candy, and more.  So -  the kids had round two of their Easter baskets.  I just handed them the stuff straight out of the bag this time.}}

I went to bed exhausted and happy and thankful for God's love.


*There's one more thing I wanted to show you before I let you go.  I've been hanging on to this link for weeks meaning to add it to a post but the timing never seemed right.  Perhaps this post isn't a great fit either but before I forget I want to share this with you.  I don't even remember how I came across this prayer but I think it's great.  If there's one area I need to improve most on in my marriage it is praying for my husband.  Read this prayer and see what you think.
  
http://unveiledwife.com/a-wifes-prayer-for-her-husband/

Happy Monday, friends!  Here's hoping you're enjoying a cozy day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...