Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Creamy Marinara Linguine and Chicken Pockets

Hello!

Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start. 

I brought you another recipe from Weeknight Dinners.  Have you entered to win this fantastic cookbook yet?  If you don't know how, ask me now!

Here's one from the Wednesday is Italian Night section of Weeknight Dinners.  

Creamy Marinara Linguine

16 oz pkg. linguine pasta, uncooked
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. olive oil
14 1/2 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
15 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
1/2 c. chicken broth or milk
1 t. dried Italian seasoning
1 t. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.  Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds.  Add undrained tomatoes; heat through.  Add Alfredo sauce and chicken broth or milk.  Stir until heated through; add seasonings.  Serve over cooked pasta.  Makes 4 servings.

I also brought you my recipe for Chicken Pockets.  I made these for dinner last night and they are oh.so.good.  Hopefully all of these recipes I've been giving you lately have helped to make answering the what's for dinner question easier.  These pockets are so delicious and filling.  My family loves them and yours will too.  

Chicken Pockets

Chicken ( I cooked three pounds in the crock-pot with chicken broth and then shredded when I was ready to make my pockets.)

Crescent rolls ( I used 2 cans for a total of 8 Chicken Pockets.)

6 oz. cream cheese

1 stick of butter

salt

chives

1/2 stick melted butter

crushed croutons

Mix cream cheese, butter, chopped chicken, salt, chives together in large bowl.  Press 2 crescent rolls together to form a square.  Put about 1/2 cup chicken mixture (or more) in middle.  Fold corners over to make a bundle.  Dip in melted butter.  Top with crushed croutons.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  YUM!


If you're considering trying one of these recipes please let me know.  I'd love to hear what you think.  

Have a cozy day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...