Thursday, February 5, 2015

Scottish Shepherd's Pie from Weeknight Dinners

Hi, friends!

Just a reminder...

Today is the last day to enter the drawing to win Weeknight Dinners.  If you haven't entered yet make sure you do so today!




This is also the last day I will be posting a recipe from Weeknight Dinners.  I've chosen one from the Comfort Food Thursday section of the book.  
{Have I mentioned I love this cookbook??}

Scottish Shepherd's Pie

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 c. yellow onion, diced
1 c. carrot, peeled and diced
1 oz pkg. brown gravy mix
1 to 3 t. curry powder, to taste
4 c. mashed potatoes, warmed

Brown beef, onion and carrot in a skillet over medium heat; drain.  Meanwhile, prepare gravy mix according to package directions; stir desired amount of curry powder into gravy.  Add gravy to beef mixture.  Spoon into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish.  Top with warm mashed potatoes.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.  Makes 4 to 6 servings.  

My honey and kiddos love Shepherd's Pie...it smells so delicious baking and it is perfect on a cold night.  (And just so you know, instant potatoes work just fine!) 

We've been talking a lot about food lately.  I could talk about it all the time.  I love to cook and bake and my family loves to eat.  I do, however, have some other things for us to talk about.  Next week I'm going to start a series of posts on SAVING - saving money, saving space, and saving time.  I hope you'll meet me back here for that because I will want to hear your thoughts.   

Have a cozy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...