Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Smooth Weekend

I'm stepping away from the Saving Series for just a minute to share with you a blog I'm beginning to love.  

A friend served me a most delicious smoothie while I was at her house recently and it sparked a discussion, a discussion which led right to http://www.greenplaterule.com/    

Since finding this great place I've been enjoying looking and learning.  I thought some of my readers just might want to know about it too. 

For the past several days I've been making the same smoothie my friend served me for my honey and kids (and myself, of course).  We are loving it!  It's a perfect little treat that packs a healthy punch.  




Here's the recipe if you should want to whip one up for yourself.  

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

  • 3/4 cup unsweetened non dairy milk (I've been using coconut milk.)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 5 large strawberries
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Add all the ingredients to a blender.  Start on low speed and slowly increase to high.  Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.  

The smoothie you see pictured is a little more purple because I added blueberries and raspberries.  I found organic berries at Costco for a great price, as well as organic honey.  My husband has been asking me to make him one each day to drink on his drive to work.  I'm more than happy to do it.  

My smoothie serving friend had a lot of good things to say about Green Plate Rule and especially the Ginger Butternut Squash Soup.  Her 13 year daughter was also part of our conversation and she was nodding her head in hearty agreement when her mom said this soup is delicious.  I'm going to be trying it next.

If you head over to Green Plate Rule and you're looking for a place to start, I would say, HERE.  I've been thinking a lot about bread lately and this post is most helpful. 

I hope you are having a cozy weekend.  Ours is pretty smooth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...