Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Little Bit of Love

I've been telling you for days I would post some pictures of our Valentine decor.  It's not much, but I did finally snap some pictures.  All you really need is a little bit of love to make your home feel special.  





This is the cute little banner my oldest son brought me from work.  Can I just say, having two of our sons working at Hobby Lobby is a HUGE blessing in my life?  One is a cashier and the other one works in the stockroom.  Between the two of them something sweet is always being brought into our house.  I love it!






My budding seamstress whipped up two pillows for our rocking chair and I just adore them!  Having a girl who sews is turning out to be a big blessing also.  





She said she is planning to keep them on her bed but through Valentine's Day
I could have them for the front porch.  Wasn't that sweet?  

(Here's a little picture I took at her sewing lesson of her making one of the pillows.)  


Also for the front porch (door) I have a little heart wreath.  I wish I could say one of us made this but we didn't.  I found it {very inexpensive} at Target and couldn't resist.  It's so cute and since I'm limited on time these days it kept me from having to make something for the front door.  I'll save that project for Spring.  




This is our kitchen table.  We are going to have a Valentine party in this very spot on Saturday.  (I've got to get my shopping done!)




The kids covered the back door in vinyl Valentine decals.  A few of the decals they colored themselves.  














The girls have been busy today making Valentines and cookies for their friends.







I guess the stool by itself  just wasn't enough.







We just used the regular Nestle Toll House recipe with a little food coloring to make these pink cookies.  My girls love everything pink.  :)




While I finished cleaning up the mess my honey read the girls a couple of Valentine's Day books.  Now they are down for a nap!  Ahhh...




So, tell me what your family does to show a little bit of love for Valentine's Day.  I love hearing what other mamas do for special days.  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...