Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Last of the Thanksgiving Decorations

Well, this is it.  I have two last things to show you.  I still can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here and the Autumn season is coming to a close.  As I may have mentioned, this is my favorite time of year and I'm a tad forlorn it has passed by so quickly.

Saturday night I made a wreath for our front door.  You might remember the rag wreath I made most recently.  It was a little too Halloween to leave up during the month of November.  I had planned to get my November wreath done sooner but like a lot of other things, it didn't get done.  My son's knee surgery kicked quite a few of my plans to the curb, but that's okay.  He's on the mend and on his way to having a normal knee again.


If you should decide to make one yourself, it really is quite simple.  Other than a wire wreath form you need pipe cleaners and Deco Mesh.


I found these two rolls of Deco Mesh at Hobby Lobby 80 percent off!


I found  a wreath form in the closet that I had used for a birthday wreath.  Yes, it's pink ( I sprayed it for the birthday wreath).  That doesn't matter though.  The wreath form is really not visible once your wreath is finished.  I space pipe cleaners all the way around the wreath about every 2 inches.  Then I bunch up the deco mesh and twist it up.  I go once around with one color then back around with the other.


Deco Mesh wreaths are really quick and really easy.


I finished mine off with a little scarecrow but I think an initial would be cute also.  I was using what I had on hand.  This would also be a cute winter wreath with blue and white deco mesh and maybe a snowman in the middle.  In fact, I may do that for January.

Lastly, our thankful pumpkins...
I had planned to hang them on our clothesline in the hallway but quickly realized we were going to have way too many for that.  We decided to hang them on our backdoor instead.


My honey, the kids, and I have been writing down things we are thankful for over the last few weeks.  Every time we write something down we stick our pumpkin on the door.  We are still adding some things today.  It's been good for us to stop and think about all the ways God has blessed us and how much we have to be thankful for.






Here's one my husband did that is a personal favorite.  He's so sweet!



We do have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I hope that you know Him too.  He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life!  If you want to talk about what it means to know Him please contact me.

Many blessings to you and your family.  Have a very cozy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...