Friday, July 4, 2014

I'm scooting in here at almost midnight!  I hope you've had a wonderful 4th of July.  We certainly have (which is why I'm so late making it to my blog)!

Here are the simple little 4th of July candle holders my girls made.  We've enjoyed burning them the last few days.  We had them as part of our centerpiece on the kitchen table then the girls decided they wanted to burn them in their room one night as they were going to sleep.  After loving them in their room, tonight they asked to turn off all the lights in the bathroom and have only their candles glowing as they took their bubble bath.  When I lit the candles and turned off the lights, they squealed.  Little girls.


As you can see, this is a very easy project.  The girls covered jars with stars of various sizes, poured in some rice, and placed a tea light candle down in the rice.  They do look really pretty in the dark.  The stars are shimmery and pick up the flickering of the candle nicely.

One more thing before I head off to bed...
(Yes, my goal is to be in bed by midnight.  More on that later!)

I made a fruit salad today and I tried a special ingredient.  It has made us all crazy for fruit salad so I knew I must share it with you!




VANILLA PUDDING MIX!  

That's it.  A small box of instant (jello brand) vanilla pudding mix.  I cut up bananas and strawberries and dumped in a couple of cans of fruit cocktail and some mandarin oranges.  After mixing everything together I sprinkled on the pudding mix and stirred well.  Oh.my.  You must try this!  It's sooo good!

That is all for now.  I have three minutes to get up the stairs and into my bed!  Goodnight all!!  

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...