Monday, December 16, 2013

Chipped Beef Dip

There's this one recipe I absolutely must make each year.  My honey loves it better than anything.  My kids beg for it.  My father in law asks for it.  It's a Christmas tradition.



This delicious little appetizer is a crowd pleaser.  I only make it during the Christmas season so that helps to make it extra special.  Whenever I start to whip this up, and the aroma fills the kitchen, the kids will say, "It smells like Christmas!".  Try it.  You will love it!

1 cup sour cream
2 pkgs cream cheese
1 Tbsp minced onion
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup milk
1 large jar (or 2 small) dried beef  (Armour)

Melt butter in pan, saute onions until brown.  Add milk, softened cream cheese, sour cream (stirring over med heat).  Add pepper, beef (cut up into small squares).  Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, put right in casserole dish.  Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees right before serving.  Serve with Sociable crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...