I don't usually go a week without posting, but then again, I don't usually have a week like I've just had. I'm hoping for a completely uneventful week for at least the next seven days. Here's to boring! (Please.)
I have a couple of my favorite things to make in the fall to share with you today. Two recipes in one post, you know, to make up for the fact I've been MIA.
My kitchen has been warm and cozy this week, cause even when things are
scary, crazy, overwhelming, you still have to eat. Right??
My family loves when I make this because it's sooo tasty. I love it when I make this because it's sooo easy. Oh, and we love anything that goes well with chips and salsa! Most everyone makes taco soup. This is my spin on it.
- Brown 1 lb ground beef and drain. ( I cook my ground beef with chopped green pepper and chopped onion.) Pour in large crock-pot.
- Add 1 can Pinto beans, 1 can Black beans, 1 can Kidney beans, 1 can Mexican corn, 2 cans chopped tomatoes, and 1 envelope of Taco Seasoning.
- I like my soups to cook all day in my crock-pot but all that you really have to do with this is heat until bubbly. (It's perfectly fine to make it on your stove top, I just have a love affair with my crock-pot.)
- Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips. Mmm Mmm good!
And for dessert...
We love, love, love us some Pumpkin Muffins. We eat these for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! If you stop by our house during the month of October I can almost guarantee there are some Pumpkin Muffins in a large plastic container somewhere in my pantry. I've already made four batches and we're just getting started. If you want to get the party started at your house, here's what you'll need.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (100 % pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves
I always add a little more than 1 cup of pumpkin. I usually put the whole can in. What is that, a 15 oz can? I think so. I also don't measure the spices when I dump them in and I'm certain I'm putting more than the recipe calls for. We like it like that. Mix up for 2 minutes. Bake according to the directions on the cake mix box.
Oh, and one more thing...
We eat ours like this. A little whipped cream makes them p-e-r-f-e-c-t!