Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Misti's Potato Casserole

A year ago or so, while visiting a church in our area, we had the privilege of attending a potluck luncheon.  At that luncheon I sampled Potato Casserole.  It was sooooo good and I knew I had to track down it's maker.  The owner of that dish was a sweet gal named Misti and she agreed to share her recipe with me.  Tonight I made it for my family.

Normally my honey and kiddos are pretty good about letting me snap a picture before digging in, but not tonight.  By the time I grabbed my camera they were well on their way to enjoying this delicious potato goodness.

 

10 cups frozen hash browns (I used the shredded kind.)
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped green onions (I chopped up a white onion I had.)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed Corn Flakes (I used more, like 2 cups or so.)
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup milk
  Preheat oven to 350.  Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into 9x13 baking dish.  Add 5 cups frozen hash browns.  Mix soup, sour cream, milk and onion in a separate bowl.  Pour half the mixture over the hash browns.  Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese on top.  Add 5 more cups hash browns and remaining mixture.  Sprinkle on remaining cheese.  Cover with crushed Corn Flakes.  Drizzle 2 Tbsp melted butter on top.  Bake 60 minutes or until heated through.

PS:  Dear Misti, my family thanks you!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my top 5 favorite food to eat anytime!!! I also first tasted mine at a church potluck, yours looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...