Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I woke up early this morning thinking.  Literally my eyes popped open and I started pondering.  

A lot of mornings I wake up worried.  I wake up thinking about problems, people, situations, and bills, to do-lists, and mistakes, unfair circumstances, and what ifs. 

 Not today.  

Today I woke up amazed at all the Lord has done for me.  I woke up listing in my mind all that I have to be thankful for.  It's really mind blowing if you stop and think about it.
  
I am incredibly thankful to be a child of God.
I am so thankful for my dear husband and my precious children.
I am thankful that God has protected my husband at work.
I am reminded what a precious gift it is to have our children's hearts and I am so thankful we do.
I am thankful for the forgiveness of sins and for salvation.
I am thankful that our children know the Lord Jesus and are walking through life with Him.
I am thankful for the roof that covers us and the food that sustains us.
I am so glad to have the Word of God to read, to study, to know.
I am overwhelmed at the grace of God and how He has worked in my life.
I am thankful for teenage boys who love the Lord and love their family.
I am thankful for the privilege to home school our children.
I'm in awe of the redeeming power of God.
I'm thankful for the little things - coffee, and the big things - eternal life.
I am thankful that Jesus loves me!  

What are you thankful for today?

1 Chronicles 16:34  O give thanks to the Lord,  for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

2 comments:

  1. ANd, of course, for a fabulous sister...:)

    Glad you woke up with gratitude. That is a gift in itself.

    I am thankful I didnt have to read about boogie woogie beef again! (I check your blog a wee too often.)

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I am very, very, VERY thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...