Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Shepherd's Pie

A couple of days ago I mentioned that my boys' love languages might have something to do with food.  I really wanted to show some extra lovin toward them Monday night...and very often that lovin comes from the oven.  :)

All of the men in my house have been working really hard lately.  My honey works very long hours at his job and the two big boys have been working a lot of hours at their jobs also.  My younger boys have been working super hard as well.  They've picked up the load of their brothers' chores when their brothers aren't home to do them.  They also worked diligently last week helping me get ready for a garage sale.  The men in my house have kept the grass cut, and the garage and van clean, among other things.  Just yesterday morning two of the boys were up and out the door before 6 a.m. to help replace a roof.

Back to Monday night...I decided I wanted to love on them with their favorite meal and although I didn't have to ask what they would like, I did.  I knew what their response would probably be.  They requested Shepherd's Pie and I fixed a huge pot of green beans and two big pans of yeast rolls to go with it.  Dinner was devoured in a matter of minutes and later after our bible time we headed outside for S'mores.   It was a delicious and cozy evening.






Here's how I make Shepherd's Pie.  It's very simple!

Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet.  (I use 3 lbs.)  Drain grease.  Put beef and onion in a 9x13 casserole dish. (I have a deep dish baker that I use.)  Make mashed potatoes.  (We peel about 15 potatoes.)  Spread mashed potatoes in pan on top of ground beef.  Cover mashed potatoes with cheddar cheese.  (I use a 16 oz. block of sharp cheddar.)   Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

This is a huge Shepherd's Pie that feeds my family of eight.  

Are you serving up any lovin from the oven tonight?  If so, do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...