Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Trip, Some GORP, and a Cheap/Easy Project Just for Fun

Tomorrow we will load up our big van and head out.  We're taking a little five day jaunt to the beach.  I've been cleaning and washing and packing and shopping.  (Vacations aren't really vacations for mamas.  Have you noticed?  Don't get me wrong...I'm happy, very happy...and thankful, VERY thankful, but I will still be cooking and cleaning and washing dishes and washing clothes while we are away.  That's just the way of life for a mama.  And I wouldn't have it any other way!)

If you've known me for a day, you know I LOVE traditions.  Way back when, somewhere along the way, we started making GORP for road trips.   So yes, today after church we ran to the grocery store to buy the necessary ingredients.  The kids said, "We are taking GORP aren't we, Mom?".  Well of course!  It's a tradition!


I wanted to share one more thing with you before I sign out.  I fixed up some really cute sand pails for the girls and thought my readers might want to do the same some time.  I picked up pails at the Dollar Tree for um, well, one dollar, and then asked my bnf (best neighbor friend) to cut out the girls' names with her Cricut.  They turned out super cute and we figured we have less than $1.50 in them.  How's that for a sweet and simple (and cheap) gift idea?  Just thought that might be an idea you would want to know about.  Of course it helps if you have a Cricut or have a bnf who has a Cricut.


I've scheduled some of my ramblings to post on their own this week.  I've never done that before so we will see how it goes.  If anything weird shows up on here you'll know why.

Oh, and before anybody starts scolding me for blabbing on the Internet that our family is traveling, we've got that all under control.  We've got a pet sitter/plant sitter who is the best around and I happen to live in a cul-de-sac full of the most fabulous neighbors ever!  And unless you are into toys and books, there's really not much else in our house to see.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...