Monday, August 12, 2013

Recommended Reading...For Boys

I'm doing something a little different for this week's recommended reading.  Instead of recommending a book for you, I'm recommending a book for your boys.


All of my sons say hands down this is one of their most favorite books.  It's a favorite of my husband's too.  My father in law even carried it home with him once after spending a few days reading it while he was visiting us.

I stumbled upon this book several years ago in the book section of Sams.  It caught my eye and after reading through it a tiny bit I decided to buy it and bring it home to my men.  I had no idea it would become so well loved!

The Dangerous Book for Boys covers everything from how to make (a really good) paper airplane, to Latin, and everything in between.

  Here's just a tiny glimpse of the contents:
  • The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
  • The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
  • The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
  • Making a Battery
  • Making a Bow and Arrow
  • U.S. Naval Flag Codes
  • Navajo Code Talkers' Dictionary
  • Girls
  • Understanding Grammar
  • First Aid
  • Navigation 
  • Sampling Shakespeare
  • The Ten Commandments
  • Dog Tricks
  • The Game of Chess
  • Books Every Boy Should Read
  • Latin Phrases Every Boy Should Know
  • Time Line of Early American History
and a WHOLE LOT MORE!


If you are looking for a fantastic birthday or Christmas gift for a boy (or man) you love, you've just found it!   This book is perfect for boys of all ages.  I promise once you have The Dangerous Book for Boys on your bookshelves, your men will be busy reading for hours. My honey has said repeatedly he would love to use this book as a textbook in our home school.

To order your Dangerous Book just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...