Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Princess Wands


One of my daughters is turning 6 on Saturday and has chosen to have a Princess Party.  We have been scouring the stores looking for all things princess and I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!  Not that I haven't enjoyed all the (boy) dinosaur and firetruck parties I've planned over the years but this appeals to my girlie side.  Planning birthday parties for my children is actually one of things about being a mama I love most.  We've covered just about every kind of party one can imagine.  We've done pool parties and tea parties and surprise parties and rescue hero parties and sleepovers and skating parties and everything else under the sun!

For my sweet little princess's party we've decided to add Princess Wands to the Birthday Cake, Ice Cream and Punch.  Just to make sure they would turn out as we imagined them we practiced the other night.  (Her older brothers got to eat this batch so they should be able to leave the wands to the princesses at the party Saturday.)

1.  Melt 3 tablespoons margarine or butter in large saucepan over low heat.


2.  Add 1 package (10 oz, about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows and stir until completely melted.


 3.  Remove from heat and add 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal.  Stir until well coated.

4.  Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into a 9x13 inch pan coated with cooking spray.  When cool take cereal treats out of pan and place on a piece of parchment paper.


5.  Using a star shaped cookie cutter, cut stars out of the cereal treats.


6.  Decorate the stars with sprinkles.  (Or anything else you choose.  I can think of so many ideas here.)


7.  Insert dowel rod into star and add ribbon.


One happy Princess...

5 comments:

  1. My little girl is almost 20 now, but I know this would have been a very big hit when she turned six! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just too cute. Might have to use this idea for Sarah's princess birthday celebration in May. Have a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday Talent Show! I hope to see you again next Tuesday!
    -Nikki
    Chef in Training
    http://www.chef-in-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many stars does this make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite a while since I made these but I would say at least a dozen (or more) depending on the size of your cookie cutter.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...