So, what's there to do when it's raining on your parade? Literally.
- Decorate t-shirts. There will be other summer events to wear your shirt to.
- Read aloud with the kids. We are reading THE 4TH OF JULY STORY today.
- Make some Independence Day crafts. These will be fun to use all summer long.
- Work on a jigsaw puzzle. We started one just a couple of days ago and I have a feeling we will make a lot of progress on it today.
- Decorate the house. I made a 4th of July wreath to hang on the front door and we have a few other things to display. We will eat on our red, white and blue tableware and use a patriotic tablecloth.
- Watch a patriotic movie. We borrowed Liberty's Kids from the library.
- And, if you are up to it...Fire up the grill! My husband has been known to stand at the grill with an umbrella. Hamburgers and Hot-dogs are on the menu for tonight and even if we can't eat them outside we will still grill.
- Invite friends over. Misery loves company. :)
Don't despair, an indoor 4th can still be a lot of fun!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!