Thursday, May 30, 2013

Recent Projects

Sometimes I get on a project kick.  I got on one recently...(while I should have been doing other things)...and I made a few new items.  Does the creativity bug ever bite you when you have a "to-do" list a mile long?  Well, it does me!  I should have been dusting and mopping and cleaning bathrooms and suddenly I'm in the mood to make flip flops.  Funny how that happens.  It must be some kind of mechanism in my brain.  Suppose I don't really want to do my work, I just want to play.  Hmmmm...

Anywho, I want to show you my projects.  I have a lot of household projects I need to get to and I'm thinking the next project post I put here had better be those.  Really.

Here are the flip flops I made for my 7 year old gal.  I have a feeling I am going to be making a lot more of these.  I'm going to make some for my littlest gal and I will make some for my sister, and niece, and you too if you want.  Just let me know!






I also finished up some bags.  One for my niece and one for my nephew and one that was ordered. See what you think...

I made my sweet little niece a crayon tote with an ice cream cone at her request.  I love how it turned out.



I made a book tote for my nephew.  His mama said he is going to use it for church, and to carry his cars in, and to take a change of clothes when he goes to the sitter's house.  I think it will also work perfectly for library days and for toting his lunch to the park.  Hopefully he will get plenty of use out of it.


And lastly...a crayon tote that was ordered.


I also made my little 2 year old gal a special "I'm 2" shirt to wear on her birthday.  Apparently we didn't take a picture of her wearing it.  I wish I had one to show you but since I don't I will just have to snap one the next time she puts it on.

I hope you like my projects.  I'd love to see yours!  Feel free to put a link in the comment section

*By the way, our totes are $10, $12 with name.  We can ship anywhere in the US for $2.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, creativity is important and a valid use of time. We are glorify God in a myriad of ways and creating is one of them. Plus, your creative juices, when not released, can leave you, what I call, cronstipated. You wouldn't chastise yourself for "going potty" when you could be doing housework. (Ok, actually, YOU might, but its not healthy.) So don't badger yourself for letting the creative juices flow. ANd lasly, I love the flip flops and would like to request a matching set for Mikayla and me. She is size 12/13 and I am 9/10. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...