Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crock On, Mama!


Have I mentioned I love my crock-pot?

Well, I do!

My honey went on a hunt a few years ago to find the biggest crock-pot ever.  He brought it home and surprised me after he had been working out of town for a l-o-n-g time.  Let's just say, I was almost as happy to see that crock-pot as I was to see him!  (Almost...I said almost!)

If you've been visiting me here for very long then you know that the group I'm feeding numbers eight, and of that eight, five are male.  Those five males include my honey, three teenagers, and a "tween" (11).  I'm not lacking for big eaters at my house.  In fact, I can barely keep food around.  It disappears FAST!

Today, I'm loading up my crock-pot.  How about you?


I like using my crock-pot on Wednesdays for two reasons.  One, it's sort of the middle of the week and I consider it a "pick-me-up" - while I am cleaning, teaching school, and doing laundry, dinner is cooking away in the crock-pot.  (I feel more on top and less buried underneath.)  And two, we like to go to church on Wednesday evenings so having dinner in the crock-pot helps ensure we get out the door on time.

Here's what I'm serving up tonight...

Nachos
(makes 8 servings)

1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1 pint taco sauce
1 can refried beans
10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope dry taco seasoning
salt to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar
tortilla chips
lettuce
chopped tomatoes
sour cream
  1. Brown ground beef, onions, and green peppers in saucepan.  Drain.
  2. Combine all ingredients except tortilla chips, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream in crock-pot.  
  3. Cover.  Cook on low for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally until cheese is fully melted.
  4. Serve with chips, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
That should hold 'em for a little while don't you think?

Crock On, Mama!  Crock-On!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...