Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Crunchy Honey Garlic Chicken

Last night for dinner I made Crunchy Honey Garlic Chicken.  My family loved it so much and they insisted it is now their favorite chicken recipe.  It really is VERY delicious.  I will be making it again and probably pretty often considering how my honey and kiddos loved it.  If you try this recipe you will not be disappointed (and please let me know if you do).  Dinner can be ready and on the table in 30 minutes or less which makes this a great meal for a weeknight.

(I believe I stole this off my sister's Pinterest board.)

Crunchy Honey Garlic Chicken

4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts  (I put them between two pieces of wax paper and flattened them with a rubber mallet.)
2 cups flour
4 tsp salt
4 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground thyme
2 tsp ground sage
2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper

Make an egg wash by whisking together 4 eggs and 8 Tbsp of water.  Dip the chicken breasts in the egg wash then into the flour mixture.  Heat a skillet on the stove (medium heat) with about 1/2 inch Canola oil covering the bottom.  Cook chicken for approximately 5 minutes on each side.  Drain chicken breasts on wire rack for a couple of minutes before dipping them in the Honey Garlic Sauce.  Serve with rice or noodles.

Honey Garlic Sauce

In a medium saucepan add:
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 to 4 cloves minced garlic
Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic.
Add:  1 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp black pepper
Simmer together for 5 to 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...