Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Recipe from My Fire Breathing Son

This summer our boys tried their hand at gardening.  For the most part it was a success.  They learned a lot and they experienced the satisfaction of growing and eating their own food.  They've already been making plans for what they will do different next year.  The one crop they had an abundance of was Jalapenos.  My second oldest LOVES anything hot and spicy.  He decided to grow several different types of peppers this year and the jalapenos did very, very well.  I only knew of a few things we could do with them.  Although he would chop them up and include them in a lot of his meals, I wished I knew something we could make with them.  Then, we were at a pool party and I heard a woman discussing Jalapeno Poppers.  They sounded so good and the way she talked everyone she shared them with was just wild about them.  So, I told my fire breathing son what I had overheard and he decided he wanted to give it a whirl.  Oh.  My.  They turned out so well!  I never could have imagined they would be so delicious.  They were oh so tasty!  These would make great appetizers for tailgating, or a Superbowl party, or a holiday party, or any event.  Our family LOVED them! 

Ethan patiently allowed me to take pictures so I could share.  Here's what he did step-by-step.


  
All you need are 3 simple ingredients.  Jalapenos, cream cheese, and bacon.  

Slice the jalapenos in half.  



Take out the seeds.  Use a spoon to scrape out the inside of the jalapeno.


Cut the bacon into thirds.



Set up an assembly line.



Smear cream cheese inside the jalapeno.




Take 1/3 piece of bacon and wrap it (snug, not tight) around the jalapeno.




Stick a toothpick through the middle.  



Place on a pan with a rack so the grease can drain.



Place in 375 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.



Get ready to LOVE Jalapeno Poppers!!



Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...