Monday, October 1, 2012

A *Crock-pot Recipe* I Love!


Every now and then I'm in the mood to make something new and different for dinner.  Something I've not made before.  Something not in the usual dinner line-up.  When that mood strikes I hunt down a recipe to try.  I find numerous recipes to try HERE.  Most recently I tried Slow Cooker Sweet and Saucy Chicken.  My family is still talking about it.  Not only was it simple to prepare, but it is so delicious!  My honey, the kids, and myself keep talking about how good it was and how we can't wait to have it again.  I put it in "my" recipe book, which is the book I made to store all of the recipes for family favorites.  After the first bite all of the kids were saying, "This goes in your recipe book, Mom".  It's that good!


4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp dried minced onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
(I tripled ingredients)

Spray crock-pot with Pam.  Place chicken in crock-pot.
  In a saucepan combine brown sugar, flour, water, vinegar, and soy sauce.  Stir.  Add ketchup, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook 1 to 2 minutes until thickened.  Pour over chicken.  Cook on low 4 to 6 hours. 
Serve over rice. 
  Soooo good!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good. I love using the crockpot and having supper ready. Always love trying new recipes, thanks!!! Missy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...