Friday, June 1, 2012

May Goals - Revisited

Where in the world did the month of May go?  I wish I knew!

On May 1st I posted my goals, and now, as promised, I'm letting you know how things turned out.  I can only give myself a "C" for the month.  I had no idea how busy the month of May was going to be!

1.  Finish the writing curriculum with the kids.  (still need to finish up.)
2.  Learn how to french braid.  (Yay!!  done!  Thanks T!)
woo-hoo!  I did this!


3.  Play more music in the house.  (definitely accomplished this goal!)  
4.  Drink 8 glasses of water each day.  (not even close, have to do better.)
5.  Find a music teacher for the kids.  (still working on it.)
6.  Cut grocery bill to $200 per week.  (we did it!  total spent $788.56!)
7.  Finish the wall hanging.  (hopefully I will finish it in June)
8.  Do government unit study with the kids.***  (June)
9.  Learn how to make hair bows.  (ahh...June too)
10. Eat out no more than 4 times.  (we totally blew this one.)
11. Get pictures hung in our bedroom. (done!!  thanks honey!)
12. Be in bed every night no later than 12. (so-so on this one.)
13. Clean out little man's closet and donate his clothes.  (check!)
14. Exercise 6 times each week.  (what was I thinking?!)
15. Shop the Publix sale each Wednesday.  (shopped the sale, just not on Wednesday to get the penny item.  I will try again next month.)
16. Not miss any days of read aloud time.  (didn't miss a single day!!)
17. Get hanging baskets on the front porch.  (sweet hubby did this for me!)


18. Catch up our photo albums.  (never touched them.  I'll shoot for June.)

***For our unit study we are using Government 101 - A Beginner's Guide to the Federal Government by Laura Petrisin.

It's not too hard to figure out what my goals are for June.  I'll be making a list of all the things I didn't get to in May and adding more time reading my Bible,  more praying, making the hospitality calendar my husband asked for and making a reading chart for my younger children.  There are things that we accomplished in May that I didn't put on my goal list but I'm very glad about.  I finished up a list of thank you notes, the boys got the garden planted (strawberries, tomatoes, green peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, pumpkins and sunflowers) and we also did a fair amount of entertaining during the month of May.  In fact, we have guests coming tonight to stay for a few days and we are quite busy this morning preparing for them.  Later today, Lord willing, I will post our menu with recipes AND I've got a really wonderful short-cut to share with you for making delicious homemade cinnamon rolls.  I made the first batch for our company last night and wouldn't you know they got eaten up so it looks like I'm doing it again! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Mrs Moran,
    What kind of music teacher do you want?

    Hannah Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cinnamon rolls were yummy! I hope that ya'll enjoy your weekend with your dad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...