On May 1st I posted my goals, and now, as promised, I'm letting you know how things turned out. I can only give myself a "C" for the month. I had no idea how busy the month of May was going to be!
1. Finish the writing curriculum with the kids. (still need to finish up.)
|woo-hoo! I did this!|
4. Drink 8 glasses of water each day. (not even close, have to do better.)
5. Find a music teacher for the kids. (still working on it.)
7. Finish the wall hanging. (hopefully I will finish it in June)
8. Do government unit study with the kids.*** (June)
9. Learn how to make hair bows. (ahh...June too)
10. Eat out no more than 4 times. (we totally blew this one.)
12. Be in bed every night no later than 12. (so-so on this one.)
14. Exercise 6 times each week. (what was I thinking?!)
15. Shop the Publix sale each Wednesday. (shopped the sale, just not on Wednesday to get the penny item. I will try again next month.)
***For our unit study we are using Government 101 - A Beginner's Guide to the Federal Government by Laura Petrisin.
It's not too hard to figure out what my goals are for June. I'll be making a list of all the things I didn't get to in May and adding more time reading my Bible, more praying, making the hospitality calendar my husband asked for and making a reading chart for my younger children. There are things that we accomplished in May that I didn't put on my goal list but I'm very glad about. I finished up a list of thank you notes, the boys got the garden planted (strawberries, tomatoes, green peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, pumpkins and sunflowers) and we also did a fair amount of entertaining during the month of May. In fact, we have guests coming tonight to stay for a few days and we are quite busy this morning preparing for them. Later today, Lord willing, I will post our menu with recipes AND I've got a really wonderful short-cut to share with you for making delicious homemade cinnamon rolls. I made the first batch for our company last night and wouldn't you know they got eaten up so it looks like I'm doing it again!