Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mother's Day

I hope all of you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.   I hope you feel blessed to be a mom.  The Mama job is sometimes hard (if you are doing it right) but there is no greater privilege in all the world.  I'm so thankful to God for His grace and for the tremendous blessing of being a mama to my half-dozen babes.

I enjoyed spending the day with my sweet honey and kiddos yesterday and have just a few pictures to share.  The boys made pies that were out-of-this-world and I have their permission to post the recipe.



My sweet 6 year old set the table and made it so special.  She found these napkins leftover from a recent birthday party and used them to make the table "fancy".
She added this rose I was given at church.
  
Ethan made my chicken salad recipe and we ate it with croissants and crackers.  It was a lovely table.

At lunch, my honey read from Proverbs 31 and we prayed.  After lunch the children gave me letters they had written and cards they had made.  I loved reading their words and looking at their artwork. I will keep them forever.  

 And then...we had this!
Heavenly!
My oldest 2 silly boys making pies Saturday night.

Lemonade-Ice Cream Pie

1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream, softened
12 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
16 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
2  9 inch graham cracker pie crusts, frozen

Mix ice cream, lemonade and half of the whipped topping together; divide and spread equally into pie crusts.  Spread with remaining whipped topping.  Freeze uncovered until firm.
Cover with plastic wrap and freeze an additional 4 hours.  Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs before serving (optional).  Makes 8 to 10 servings.
So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...