- Right now at our house we have kids learning to drive and learning to walk at the same time.
- Next year we will plan a high school graduation party while potty training.
- My favorite things to do now, are things I hated as a girl. (cleaning, gardening, cooking, laundry, etc.)
- If I had listened to the advice of family members, half of my children wouldn't be here.
- The subjects I didn't do well in as a student, I love teaching in our home school.
- I just threw birthday party #62! Yes, I have done 62 birthday parties for our kids. You can check my math.
- I would rather receive 200 rolls of toilet paper, or 10 gallons of milk, than jewelry, as a gift.
- Clothes and shoes don't excite me anymore but coupons absolutely thrill me!
- The only material things I'm attached to AT ALL are my washer and dryer. I spend more time with them than my husband some weeks.
- It turns me on when my husband runs the vacuum.
- My pregnancies total 4 1/2 years.
- I've changed diapers for 12+ years. (almost 1/3 of my life!)
- Because of my precious 6 children I've become an expert at answering dumb questions from strangers. I can even field birth control questions at Walmart from people I've never met.
- I no longer consider it strange when people talk to themselves. It seems more like a survival skill to me.
- Before saying anything to my older sons now, I stop and think if I would want them to tell their future wives one day. This is a new thing for me.
- If gray hair is a sign of wisdom, then white hair is a sign of geniuses. And if that's the case, I am a most incredible genius.
- I'm able to make it without a lot of the "must-haves". I don't need an alarm clock. I have a baby. Don't need a check register. I know the balance of our checking account by heart. It's usually a round number! I don't need a timer when baking. The kids camp out in the kitchen waiting and checking and checking and asking. I don't even need Google really. I have teenagers and they know everything.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Sometimes there are little things about my life as a mother that make me laugh. I can't believe how differently things have turned out from what I "planned" as a young girl. Praise God for His grace in my life! I was reflecting, if you will, and I got a kick out of some of the interesting facets of my life. (A while back I celebrated my 40th birthday and if you didn't know, birthdays are a fantastic time for reflecting!)