Sunday, October 16, 2011

October Decorating

Here is a peek at of some of the fall decorating we've been doing around our house.  I love to add special touches to our home with each new season.  My daughter loves doing this too.  This year she did more of the decorating than I did.  I plopped our box of goodies in the family room and let her put things wherever she wanted.  She completely enjoyed being in charge of this project.



Front porch

Near the front door
 During the month of October I use the jack o'lanterns and such, but when November gets here we change those out for turkeys, Pilgrims, and Indians.  We slip out the trick or treat items after Halloween and continue to use the leaves and plain pumpkins with our Thanksgiving decorations.

You don't have to spend a lot to decorate for fall, or for any season.  Think of things you already have and add something special.  This sits on my kitchen island.  The pumpkins were 2 for $1.00 and a bag of candy corn is around $2.00.  The only problem is part of this tends to disappear.

In the entry way, near the front door




Dining room

Dining room
Family room

Guest bathroom

 A favorite part of fall decorating for me is the use of candles.  I enjoy lighting a candle when I get up in the morning and letting it burn all day.  I love Hazelnut and Cinnamon and Pumpkin Spice candles.  A yummy smelling candle sets a warm and cozy atmosphere.

Guest bathroom

Kitchen
 (These roses came from some friends who joined us for dinner the other night.  I was elated when they showed up for dinner with these!  Our friends are an older couple with an AMAZING rose garden.  Wish I had that kind of green thumb.)

By the back door


Well, there you have it, a little tour of our fall decorating.  Not fancy, but fun.  It's fun to make the house cozy for fall, especially if you get the kids involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...